Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- 1 Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- 1.1 How to Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 1.2 How to enable Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- 1.3 Scheduling Do Not Disturb on iPhone
- 1.4 Do Not Disturb exceptions and emergencies
- 1.5 Bedtime Mode Not Working on iPhone or iPad?
- 1.6 Check Your Bedtime Settings
- 1.7 Restart iDevice
- 1.8 Screen Not Dimming With Bedtime Mode?
- 1.9 Want An Alarm? Set Up Bedtime in the Clock App Too!
- 1.10 How to set up, customize and use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone
- 1.11 Использование режима «Не беспокоить» на iPhone, iPad и iPod touch
- 1.12 Включение и выключение режима «Не беспокоить»
- 1.13 Изменение настроек
- 1.14 “Do Not Disturb” Not Working On iPhone 11 Pro Max, XR, XS/Max, X/8/8 Plus/7/6S: Here’s Fix
- 1.15 Troubleshooting: Do Not Disturb Not Working On iPhone
- 1.15.1 Quickly Turn on Do Not Disturb on iPhone/iPad from Control Center
- 1.15.2 Enable Do Not Disturb From iPhone Settings
- 1.15.3 Enable DND for Locked iPhone or Unlocked Screen
- 1.15.4 Phone: Not Mute incoming Phone Call After Enable DND
- 1.15.5 Manage iPhone Do Not Disturb While in Car
- 1.15.6 Reboot or Force Reset iPhone
- 1.16 How to set up and use Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone and iPad
- 1.17 How to enable Do Not Disturb on iPhone and iPad
- 1.18 How to schedule Do Not Disturb for specific times on iPhone or iPad
- 1.19 How to customize Do Not Disturb settings on iPhone or iPad
- 1.20 How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving
How to Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Do Not Disturb is a great feature that comes with your iPhone and keeps notifications, calls, and other potential disturbances out of your way when you need to concentrate. Or perhaps you might want to take a nap or spend the night sleeping comfortably while your iPhone stays nice and quiet. This guide will show you how to set up Do Not Disturb on iPhone.
Once you enable “Do Not Disturb”, all and any notifications will be muted, but still arrive in your Notification Center. So no need to worry, your alerts and updates will be waiting for you once you return to your phone. This feature is extremely useful for presentations and meetings, too.
How to enable Do Not Disturb on iPhone
You can toggle “Do Not Disturb” mode at any time via the Control Center.
Swipe up from the bottom edge of your screen to access the toggles in iOS. Then tap the crescent moon shaped icon to activate DND. Once you turn it on, you’ll see a tiny indicator in your status bar that confirms you have activated it successfully. Also, note that you can use the small icon as a reminder to disable DND mode once you want to receive notifications again.
Scheduling Do Not Disturb on iPhone
If your quiet hours are pretty much fixed on both weekdays and weekends, you might want to configure the following feature: Scheduled quiet hours for your iPhone. Once set, this will enable and disable the “Do Not Disturb” mode at set times.
Open up your “Settings” app, look for “Do Not Disturb” and within this settings panel enable the “Scheduled” toggle. The default settings are 10 PM to 7 AM. You may tap those too, in order to customize them even further. Unfortunately, there is no way to schedule weekdays and weekdays separately. Apple might change this in a future version of iOS. Until then, we may pick a schedule that fits most of the week and use the manual toggle method above as needed.
To disable the scheduled planning of your “Do Not Disturb” feature, simply deactivate the corresponding toggle on the settings page.
Do Not Disturb exceptions and emergencies
While the goal of enabling Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone is undoubtedly the avoidance of distractions and such, we might want to make an exception for certain people or situations. Your family might be in need of help, a medical emergency might occur, or your boss is trying to reach you for an important reason. Luckily, Apple thought of these scenarios and included two extra options for this purpose. Read more about how to enable the Emergency Bypass for Do Not Disturb mode.
Bedtime Mode Not Working on iPhone or iPad?
By Elizabeth Jones 1 comment Last updated March 24, 2020
If youвЂ™re having issues with your lock screen not dimming with Do Not DisturbвЂ™s Bedtime Mode or if Bedtime mode isnвЂ™t working, check out our top suggestions to get this feature working today!
Just to clear up some confusion, iOS now includes two bedtime featuresвЂ“bedtime mode in Do Not Disturb and bedtime in the Clock App. Confusing the two is easy!
Bedtime Mode Vs. the Clock AppвЂ™s Bedtime
Bedtime in the Clock App helps you maintain a consistent sleep schedule based on how many hours you want to sleep each night and the time you want to wake up each morning.
It sends reminders when to go to bed and rings an alarm for when you want to arise.
Bedtime Mode for Do Not Disturb works when you set a Do Not Disturb scheduled time for sleep and rest. When you turn on Bedtime Mode, it dims your display, silences any calls, notifications, sounds, or vibrations until your scheduled DND ends. With bedtime mode, any calls or notifications received automatically route to your Notification Center instead of the lock screen. And you check those when you get up.
Check Your Bedtime Settings
Make sure everything is set-up as it should be!
- Open the Clock app
- Tap Bedtime from the bottom tabs
- Choose Set Up, if shown, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Set your wake-up time, alarm sound, and the time you usually go to sleep
- Choose the days you want to adhere to this schedule
- Turn on Bedtime Schedule and tap Done
- To adjust previous settings, tap Options
For iOS 11 and below
- Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb
- Toggle on Scheduled
- Set Your From and To Times
- Toggle on Bedtime Mode
See this article for more details on setting up Bedtime Mode.
If you have not already, restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to see if that fixes the problem or if the issue persists.
Power your device off and then back on again or use the Settings feature to Shut Down (Settings > General > Shut Down) your device and then power back up.
If a Restart DidnвЂ™t Help, Try a Forced Restart
- On an iPhone 6S or below plus all iPads with home buttons & iPod Touches 6th generation and below, press Home and Power at the same time until you see the Apple logo
- For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus and iPod touch 7th generation: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo
- On an iPhone 8 and above and iPads without home buttons: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then press and promptly release the Volume Down button. Finally, press and hold the Side/Top button until you see the Apple logo
Screen Not Dimming With Bedtime Mode?
Verify that you enabled Auto-Lock to a setting from 30 seconds to 5 minutes under Settings > Display & Brightness. If itвЂ™s listed as Never, select a setting.
Another setting to check is if you have Auto-Brightness toggled on by tapping Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Auto-Brightness. If itвЂ™s toggled off, turn it on.
Reset All Settings
There may be a random setting getting in the way of bedtime mode. So rather than going one by one to try and isolate the problem, letвЂ™s reset all settings in one step.
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings.
This action resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.
So you need to reconfigure these settings once your iPhone or iDevice restarts.
Want An Alarm? Set Up Bedtime in the Clock App Too!
If you like having an alarm (or music) wake you up each morning, youвЂ™ll want to pair Bedtime Mode with Bedtime in the Clock App.
YouвЂ™d think the information you entered in Do Not DisturbвЂ™s (DND) Bedtime Mode and Scheduled would transfer to the Clock App, but it doesnвЂ™t. You need to add in your scheduled sleep times againвЂ“just make sure they are the same as your bedtime mode for DND!
Set Up Bedtime in the Clock App
- Open the Clock App
- Tap the Bedtime icon in the bottom menu
- Choose Get Started
- Set your Wake Up time (match your DNDвЂ™s bedtime mode) and tap next
- Choose the days of the week you want the alarm set for and press next
- Add in how many hours you want to sleep each night (again, match you DNDвЂ™s bedtime mode)
- Choose the interval for bedtime reminders
- Select your alarm sound from the list
- To choose a song, see this article
- Save your bedtime settings
Change your Bedtime Settings
- Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab
- Tap Options in the top-left corner
- You can change the following:
- Days your Wake alarm goes off
- When bedtime reminder appears
- Turn Do Not Disturb During Bedtime on or off
- Your alarmвЂ™s wake up sound
- The alarm volume
- Tap Done
Turn Off Bedtime
- Open the Clock app and tap the Bedtime tab
- Swipe down to reveal the Bedtime toggle
- Toggle it off
Delete or Disable Bedtime on Clock App?
If you want to remove all bedtime data, the only way we know of is to reset all settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
Resetting All Settings returns to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, wallpapers, and alarms back to factory defaults.
So you need to reconfigure these settings after your iPhone or iDevice restarts.
For most of her professional life, Amanda Elizabeth (Liz for short) trained all sorts of folks on how to use media as a tool to tell their own unique stories. She knows a thing or two about teaching others and creating how-to guides!
Her clients include Edutopia, Scribe Video Center, Third Path Institute, Bracket, The Philadelphia Museum of Art, and the Big Picture Alliance.
Elizabeth received her Master of Fine Arts degree in media making from Temple University, where she also taught undergrads as an adjunct faculty member in their department of Film and Media Arts.
How to set up, customize and use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone
One of the most well thought-out features of the iPhone is Do Not Disturb, a comprehensive profile setting that lets you quickly turn off your phone’s ringtones and alerts, and also route calls through to your voicemail, when you need to step into a meeting or go to bed. Here’s how you can customize your Do Not Disturb settings and be discreet at a moment’s notice.
Note: Do Not Disturb differs from Mute. You can mute your device by using the Mute switch, located on the left side of your iPhone, above the volume buttons. You can turn it on at any time, and this affects volume settings across apps, including your ringtones, app alerts and game audio — but not your alarms. Also, Mute doesn’t silence music apps, though, so if you’re trying to be quiet, don’t fire up your media player and fiddle with the play button.
Do Not Disturb silences your ringtones and alerts from email, messaging and other apps, and your iPhone will not ring, vibrate or wake up the display to show you notifications. You can check these by unlocking your iPhone. When Do Not Disturb is on, you’ll see a crescent moon icon near the battery meter display at the top of your screen.
The Do Not Disturb switch is located abvoe the volume buttons (image by Ryan Ford)
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iPhone-Do-Not-Disturb-switch-image-by-Ryan-Ford-300×225.png» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iPhone-Do-Not-Disturb-switch-image-by-Ryan-Ford.png» class=»size-full wp-image-70453″ alt=»The Mute switch is located above the volume buttons (image by Ryan Ford)» width=»400″ height=»300″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iPhone-Do-Not-Disturb-switch-image-by-Ryan-Ford.png 400w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/iPhone-Do-Not-Disturb-switch-image-by-Ryan-Ford-300×225.png 300w» sizes=»(max-width: 400px) 100vw, 400px»> The Mute switch is located above the volume buttons (image by Ryan Ford)
There are three ways to turn on Do Not Disturb mode:
You can also toggle Do Not Disturb in Control Center, by swiping up from the bottom of your screen at any time, and then tapping the crescent moon icon.
Swipe up to open Control Center and toggle Do Not Disturb mode
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Swipe-up-to-open-Control-Center-and-toggle-Do-Not-Disturb-mode-169×300.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Swipe-up-to-open-Control-Center-and-toggle-Do-Not-Disturb-mode.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70454″ alt=»Swipe up to open Control Center and toggle Do Not Disturb mode» width=»320″ height=»568″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Swipe-up-to-open-Control-Center-and-toggle-Do-Not-Disturb-mode.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Swipe-up-to-open-Control-Center-and-toggle-Do-Not-Disturb-mode-169×300.jpg 169w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Swipe up to open Control Center and toggle Do Not Disturb mode
Launch Settings > Do Not Disturb and switch on Manual. The crescent moon icon at the top of your screen indicates that Do Not Disturb mode is on.
Manually turn on Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Manually-turn-on-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu-300×215.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Manually-turn-on-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70455″ alt=»Manually turn on Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu» width=»320″ height=»229″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Manually-turn-on-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Manually-turn-on-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu-300×215.jpg 300w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Manually turn on Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu
Schedule Do Not Disturb for a certain time in the day
If you’d like to have your iPhone remain silent during a certain time in the day, you can schedule Quiet Hours to have Do Not Disturb automatically turn on and off at specific times — for example, when you go to bed at 11pm and until you wake up at 7am.
- Launch Settings from your home screen, and tap Do Not Disturb. Find Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Find-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu-300×203.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Find-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70457″ alt=»Find Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu» width=»320″ height=»216″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Find-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Find-Do-Not-Disturb-in-the-Settings-menu-300×203.jpg 300w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Find Do Not Disturb in the Settings menu
Enable Scheduled. You’ll now see From and To times below this option. Tap the arrow alongside these times to change them. Adjust Do Not Disturb settings to suit your usage habits
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Adjust-Do-Not-Disturb-settings-to-suit-your-usage-habits1-169×300.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Adjust-Do-Not-Disturb-settings-to-suit-your-usage-habits1.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70458″ alt=»Adjust Do Not Disturb settings to suit your usage habits» width=»320″ height=»568″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Adjust-Do-Not-Disturb-settings-to-suit-your-usage-habits1.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Adjust-Do-Not-Disturb-settings-to-suit-your-usage-habits1-169×300.jpg 169w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Adjust Do Not Disturb settings to suit your usage habits
Your iPhone will now toggle Do Not Disturb mode by itself. Keep in mind that these Quiet Hours always override manual Do Not Disturb settings.
Be alerted of calls from your favorite contacts
While you may not want to be disturbed by messages and alerts, you might want to still be available to certain contacts, like family and close friends. For this, you’ll first need to add those contacts to your Favorites.
- Launch Phone from the home screen and tap Contacts.
- Search for a contact you’d like to add to your Favourites list, and tap his/her name to view the contact’s details.
- Scroll down through the contact’s details, and tap Add to Favorites. Tap Add to Favorites to add a contact to the Favorites list
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Tap-Add-to-Favorites-to-add-a-contact-to-the-Favorites-list-242×300.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Tap-Add-to-Favorites-to-add-a-contact-to-the-Favorites-list.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70459″ alt=»Tap Add to Favorites to add a contact to the Favorites list» width=»320″ height=»396″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Tap-Add-to-Favorites-to-add-a-contact-to-the-Favorites-list.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Tap-Add-to-Favorites-to-add-a-contact-to-the-Favorites-list-242×300.jpg 242w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Tap Add to Favorites to add a contact to the Favorites list
Now let’s allow calls only from Favorites while Do Not Disturb is enabled.
- Tap Settings and then tap Do Not Disturb.
- Tap Allow Calls From, and then select Favorites in the options on the next screen.
You can also choose to allow calls from everyone or no one on this screen.
- Tap Back to confirm your selection.
Now, in case you choose to only allow calls from your favorite contacts, but want to hear from other callers who are urgently trying to get in touch with you, you can allow the second call from the same caller within three minutes through.
- Tap Settings and then tap Do Not Disturb.
- Tap Repeated Calls to allow the second call from the same contact within three minutes.
Lastly, you can choose to have your iPhone silenced only when it’s locked, or all the time — even when you’re using it.
- Tap Settings and then tap Do Not Disturb.
- Scroll down to the Silence section, and tap Always to have your iPhone silent at all times in Do Not Disturb mode, even when it’s in use. Set your iPhone to silent only when locked or all the time
» data-medium-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set-your-iPhone-to-silent-only-when-locked-or-all-the-time-300×192.jpg» data-large-file=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set-your-iPhone-to-silent-only-when-locked-or-all-the-time.jpg» class=»size-full wp-image-70460″ alt=»Set your iPhone to silent only when locked or all the time» width=»320″ height=»205″ srcset=»http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set-your-iPhone-to-silent-only-when-locked-or-all-the-time.jpg 320w, http://www.iphonehacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Set-your-iPhone-to-silent-only-when-locked-or-all-the-time-300×192.jpg 300w» sizes=»(max-width: 320px) 100vw, 320px»> Set your iPhone to silent only when locked or all the time
That’s a wrap! With these tips, you should be able to stay as discreet as you like with your iPhone. Let us know your tips for keeping your device quiet in the comments below.
Использование режима «Не беспокоить» на iPhone, iPad и iPod touch
Режим «Не беспокоить» позволяет отключить звуковые сигналы для вызовов, оповещений и уведомлений, которые поступают на устройство, когда оно заблокировано. Можно также запланировать время и выбрать абонентов, вызовы которых разрешено принимать.
Включение и выключение режима «Не беспокоить»
Когда включен режим «Не беспокоить», в строке состояния отображается значок полумесяца . Есть два способа включить или выключить режим «Не беспокоить».
Перейдите в меню «Настройки» > «Не беспокоить», чтобы включить режим «Не беспокоить» вручную или настроить расписание.
Откройте программу «Пункт управления», нажмите и удерживайте значок , чтобы быстро изменить настройки режима «Не беспокоить», или коснитесь значка , чтобы включить или отключить этот режим.
Если в программе «Часы» настроен будильник, он будет срабатывать даже при включенном режиме «Не беспокоить». Узнайте, как настроить будильник и управлять им.
Если требуется, чтобы вас не беспокоили в какое-то определенное время, можно настроить расписание. Выберите «Настройки» > «Не беспокоить» и включите параметр «Запланировано». Затем выберите время.
Также можно выбрать вариант получения предупреждений, вызовов и уведомлений.
- «Режим сна»: в этом случае экран блокировки будет тусклым, звуковые сигналы вызовов будут отключены, а уведомления будут отображаться в соответствующем разделе центра уведомлений до окончания запланированного времени действия режима «Не беспокоить».
- «Тишина»: отключение звуковых сигналов для всех звонков и уведомлений всегда или только когда устройство заблокировано.
- «Допуск вызовов»: разрешение приема вызовов от всех, ни от кого, от избранных контактов или от определенных групп контактов, хранящихся на устройстве или в iCloud.
- «Повторные вызовы»: если кто-либо позвонит повторно в течение трех минут, звуковой сигнал такого вызова не будет заглушен.
“Do Not Disturb” Not Working On iPhone 11 Pro Max, XR, XS/Max, X/8/8 Plus/7/6S: Here’s Fix
Do not disturb works for instantly manage all types of incoming notifications, Ringtone & Alarm Sound. Here I explain all function that works for customizing user’s requirements. Let’s check it and set the correct option for your needs that will help in fix Do not Disturb not working on iPhone. In iOS 11 or Later, Do not Disturb While driving extended features for iOS users. So you can turn on this mode automatically while driving with all safety features.
Finding help for Do Not Disturb While Driving Not Working On iPhone, After that, your iPhone will automatically identify that you are moving on Bike or Car. A recently updated iPhone will detect your Driving time while your iPhone connected with your Carplay.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Troubleshooting: Do Not Disturb Not Working On iPhone
Quickly Turn on Do Not Disturb on iPhone/iPad from Control Center
The control center on the iPhone/iPad is the primary interface on our device that we can access from the lock screen on the unlocked screen. Swipe down your finger from the top right corner of the screen, To Open control center, Now Find Moon icon shortcut for Do-Not-Disturb. Click on it to Enable and You will see Half moon icon in the status bar that will be visible until Do Not Disturb Turns off. Also, the customized settings will be applied automatically when Do-Not-Disturb is turned on. Find out important settings next to this article.
Enable Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone from Control center
Enable Do Not Disturb From iPhone Settings
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Next, to Do Not Disturb > Enable Do Not Disturb.
Do Not Disturb Settings for iPhone
Next, are you using Do Not Disturb for Scheduled > Double-Check Time Interval With AM or PM? If not correct it and try to test it’s working or not.
Enable DND for Locked iPhone or Unlocked Screen
For this you have an option under the silence section, See Always, or While iPhone is a Locked option. I recommend to Always mode because this will help in enjoy your iPhone while you are working on it or locked.
Phone: Not Mute incoming Phone Call After Enable DND
- Go to the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Under the Settings > Phone,
- Under the Phone, Set Allow calls from “Everyone”, “No One” or “Favorites”.
- That’s it.
Don’t want incoming calls while Do not Disturb activated. Select “No One”.
Manage iPhone Do Not Disturb While in Car
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Next, Scroll to Do Not Disturb mode.
- Scroll to See, Activate for “Automatically”, “When Connected to Car Bluetooth” or “Manually”.
Reboot or Force Reset iPhone
- iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max: Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Quickly Press and Release Volume Down button one by one. After that Only press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo on the screen after the black screen.
- For iPhone 6S and Earlier: Press and Hold Sleep/Wake + Home button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and Hold Sleep/Wake + Volume down button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Hope you get fixed Do not disturb not working on iPhone, help to other by like it & share it on the social profile.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]
Premium Support is Free Now
We are happy to help you! Follow the next Step if Your Solution is not in this article, Submit this form without Sign Up, We will revert back to you via Personal Mail. In Form, Please Use the Description field to Mention our reference Webpage URL which you visited and Describe your problem in detail if possible. We covered your iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 8(Plus), iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6S(Plus), iPhone 6(Plus), iPhone SE, SE 2(2020), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPad All Generation, iPad Pro All Models, MacOS Catalina or Earlier MacOS for iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Pro, WatchOS 6 & Earlier on Apple Watch 5/4/3/2/1, Apple TV. You can also mention iOS/iPadOS/MacOS. To be Continued.
How to set up and use Do Not Disturb mode on iPhone and iPad
While Notification Center is a great way to make sure you never miss an alert, there are times when you might not want to hear all that beeping and buzzing. With Do Not Disturb, your iPhone or iPad will keep collecting all your alerts but will do so quietly. Whether you’re in a meeting, at a romantic dinner, or simply trying to get a good night’s sleep, Do Not Disturb will make sure you can talk, eat, or sleep in peace and quiet, and still find all your alerts waiting for you when you’re ready.
How to enable Do Not Disturb on iPhone and iPad
When you don’t want to hear a sound from your iPhone or iPad — for example, while you’re in a movie theater, out for dinner, or in an important meeting — you can turn Do Not Disturb on and enjoy some peace and quiet. Here’s how you do it.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your screen to launch Control Center.
Tap the Do Not Disturb button. It looks like a crescent moon.
Note: You can also 3D Touch the Do Not Disturb button to quickly access scheduling options.
To turn Do Not Disturb off again, just follow the same steps.
How to schedule Do Not Disturb for specific times on iPhone or iPad
If you want your iPhone or iPad to go dark when you do — so you can sleep or attend class or workout without beeps or buzzes — you can schedule Do Not Disturb to turn itself on automatically.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
Tap the Scheduled switch to On in order to activate the scheduling feature.
Swipe up or down to select the From and To times corresponding to when you’d like Do Not Disturb to be active.
- Note: You can toggle on the Bedtime setting to enable a new Bedtime mode. Your lock screen will dim, your calls will be silenced, and notifications will simply appear in Notification Center.
How to customize Do Not Disturb settings on iPhone or iPad
If you’re worried that Do Not Disturb will make you miss something really important—a call from your significant other or babysitter, or a business contact you’re anxious to hear from—you can customize some exceptions.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
Tap on Allow Calls From.
Tap on either of the Silence options to select your choice:
- Always: Calls and notifications are always silent.
Only while iPhone is locked: Calls and notifications are silent only when the iPhone is locked.
How to use Do Not Disturb While Driving
In iOS 11, Apple added the ability to disable all of your notifications while you’re on the road. If you are tempted by FOMO and check your alerts, even when your eyes should be on the road, you can use Do Not Disturb While Driving to keep you safe.
The customization isn’t exactly robust, but it does work and hopefully, Apple will expand on it as well.
Updated August 2018: Updated for iOS 12.